Sunday, April 17, 2011

It's Been Awhile . . .

These last few weeks have been busy, all over the place, to say the least. Race after race. New Jersey to Pennsylvania to West Virginia to New York and Maryland. It's all still such a blur for me. I really haven't gotten the chance to take it all in yet. It's insane how much has happened in the last 7 months for me with cycling.


I should probably recap the last few races I've had and mention my recent upgrade to the 3's. After Ronde Van Mullica I got my upgrade and went on to race my first Cat3 at Battenkill the next week. That was a good result (21st overall/243 Cat3's). I must say, hands down, that race was the hardest thing I've ever done on the bike, but I loved it.

This weekend I manned up and Reg'd for two double-ups for today and yesterday. I did the Pro 1/2/3 race yesterday at the Chantilly RGS Title Crit with some horrendous conditions. I was happy and rather surprised with the outcome here. I place a respectful 14th with the 1/2's in a tough field sprint. The intention was to do the 3 race later that day to attempt some upgrade points but the 3 race was cancelled due to severe thunder and tornado warnings.

Today's beautiful race in Columbia, MD started off with the 3/4 race. After leading my teammate Jose Nunez, out for the win, I managed a 2nd place finish and my first 4 points towards my Cat2 upgrade. I participated in the Pro 1/2/3 race an hour later as well, partially. 5 laps in and my shifting went. I stopped to fix it, which was mostly successful but there was no way I was catching back onto that group. And because this was not a crit, jumping in was not allowed. So, I had to suck it up and head back to the car. Regardless, I still managed to add another shade onto my tan line.


The next month will be filled with me hectically racing everything I can, trying to gather 25 points for my Cat2 upgrade which I need before the U23 Elite U.S. Nationals in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment