Thursday, June 16, 2011

As Washington County Looms


Its been 18 days since I met with the pavement at the Tour of Somerville. 14 of those days were spent off the bike. That leaves the last 2 days training on a new bike with unfamiliar speedplay, unfamiliar shifting and the weakest feeling body I've ever had.

So, that gives me a solid 3 days of training (including today), after two full weeks of nothing, to get prepped for Tour of Washington County. Not the most ideal preparation for 3 straight days of racing, but I'll have to deal with it.

My goals for the weekend consist of racking up enough points for my Cat2 upgrade and getting back into the GamJams Cat3 Cup Leader's Jersey for the stage races on Saturday and Sunday. I'll need a strong result in the Washington County Kick-Off Crit tomorrow to be able to wear the jersey throughout the stage race. It'll be interesting to see how my body reacts over the next few days.

4 comments:

  1. Wait a minute. Goal 1: stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah...

    Well, I guess that one is pretty much a given at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you switching to speedplays because you skipped a pedal and want more clearance or what was the reason for the spill. You said you are not used to the speedplays so I figger there has to be a reason, never seen a quad burn that bad...sorry you hit the deck, but I appreciate your anxiousness to get back on the horse. Good luck this weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I crashed in the last 200m of Somerville because my chain snapped in the middle of the sprint. There was nothing I could do about that.

    I've heard a lot of praise from people about Speedplay so with the new bike I got, I figured I might as well give em' a shot. I love em' so far, but it is kind of weird to get used to...

    ReplyDelete