Thursday, May 26, 2011

Back On The Bike: Full Throttle

I got the staples taken out of my knee from Poolesville on Tuesday. I've been riding pretty heavily since. With a strong sprint ride out of Alexandria, VA. on Tuesday and the Greenbelt Series Race yesterday, I'm having a good week so far.

I'm feeling a lot stronger than I had expected. Its beginning to seem like having a week or two rest was likely beneficial at this point in the season.

Greenbelt yesterday didn't go the way I wanted it to, but honestly, I'm fine with that. I got a great workout in and I confirmed that I am still in the kind of shape to stick with a 1/2/3 Crit for 35 miles. I could even launch some attacks and put out some major power on 300-400m sprints. It was a huge mental boost for me here, I had no idea how this was going to pan out and how my body was going to react.

The rest of the week is falling into place now. Today will be long and tomorrow will be short and easy with some efforts to break the legs up. Then I'm all out for three days with three crits that carry some serious competition with them. Bikejam and Somerville. I'm feeling good and I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment