Sunday, March 6, 2011

An End To An Amazing Series: 3rd Win In A Row

Its been quite a crazy last 3 weeks during the Greenville Spring Training Series. Well over 60 hours of long distance driving, days filled with pouring rain and others filled with sunburns. I've met a lot of people along the way as well and its really been an experience of a lifetime for me.


The series and its great, great fun may be over, but I sure as hell went out with a Bang. With an upsetting first week I came back the next weekend and pulled out a 2nd place finish followed by my first win of the season the next day. Hyped up and hungry for wins, I went into the 3rd and final weekend with ferocity despite the rain, fog, and down right dangerous conditions. I pulled out the W on Saturday and my 3rd win of the season today to get me going on a nice 3 win streak.


The whole race today was rainy, cold, and gloomy but I loved it. I was comfortable the whole time, talking with other riders and making jokes to lighten the mood. I got serious of course in the last mile when I surged to a few attacks and really played my hand of cards smarter than I have before. With 500m left someone began to sprint, immediately I said to myself, "thats a mistake." I sat in behind him for 100m or so and started to sprint as hard as I could for a good 400m. It was tough but an awesome finish to a truly amazing Race Series, and an incredible start to the 2011 season!

Heres how the race went down -- GSTS: Donaldson Center RR#3 -- 1st place (3rd Win of the Season) by darionfleming at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment