Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 10: Recovery + Workout

Waking up today was absolutely awful and there was no way in hell that I was making it to school, let alone a whole day there. I spent the day at home.

I had completely forgotten that I had scheduled a Physical Training Session with my PT last week for today and was reminded by Mother. It was too late to call in on it, and I certainly wasn't going to let it go to waste. So I went and met up with my Trainer, Steve Groven, a great guy who really knows what he's doing and knows how to work me well out of my comfort zone, which is a good thing. We went through a variety of different arm and abdominal strengthening exercises. The energy in my body was still very drained because of the last few days and it definitely showed. Steve especially could see the change in my responsiveness, efficiency and energy level. I hadn't had any water all day either and I was clearly dehydrated and muscle cramping was a constant. I made it through the workout though somehow. Steve really helped me through it and dealt with my exhaustion very well.

Overall, I'm glad I took on the workout and completed it because it taught me a lot. How to deal with my fatigue even when i really don't have any energy in me. Mentally it was tough because at that point your mind and determination is the only thing thats getting you through it. Its always good to meet that point where your body literally has less than 1% more to give. It makes a man out of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment