Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 13: Physical Training

The day before Christmas, where I knew I wouldn’t be doing anything except eating and celebrating with family, I had to get a 45-minute training session in with Steve Groven, my PT. I was well rested, felt good and was ready to hurt. This went the same as most Sessions that we have as far as exercise organization and process. It was arm strengthening the whole time with abdominal work mixed in. During the last few sessions the workouts have really been focused particularly on my arm strengthening and they have become very fatigued. Today more than ever I could feel it because I was working that much harder and I was that much more focused on what I was doing, deliberately trying to make myself hurt.

To me, the more physical and especially mental pain you feel during your workouts not injury pain of course) the more you are getting out of the workout, the more you are building your body and your mind, and the more pain tolerance you are expanding. This was a good workout, and I’m happy I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment