Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 2: Track Workout

I'm in the middle right now between what I should call running and what I should call biking. I've strictly been a Track and XC runner since August of 2007 until I started getting very serious about cycling a few months ago. So now I'm stuck, not knowing whether or not I should call running, "Cross-training" or if I should call cycling, "Cross-training." Regardless of which is which, today was a Run Day. So lets talk about it.

Immediately after school I drove over to an Indoor Facility that has a 200 meter track to do a bit of Endurance training. I decided to go with 400m intervals for my workout and a cool down circuit w/ weights, very similar to yesterdays only with fewer reps.

Heres what I did: 800m warm-up, stretch, drills, striders, which takes me usually a total of about 30 minutes, then onto the workout. 8 repeat 400's at 75 seconds or faster w/ 2 minutes rest in between each.
I was happy with the results, here they are (in seconds): 69, 70, 74, 70, 71, 74, 71, 68.

I went right from here to the circuit. 3 sets of 5 exercises instead of 6 like yesterday. The exercises were done in this order and then repeated 3 times; 40 crunches, 10 pushups, 10 extended leg raises (w/ 5 pound ankle straps on each ankle), 10 tricep curls (5 on each arm) and 10 regular curls (5 on each arm). Once again this was done as fast as possible with absolutely no break whatsoever so as to maximize fatigue and muscle strain.

Overall, today went very well except for a slight agitation of my Plantar in my Left Foot (which isn't new to me) on the last few 400's. Other than that, the workout was successful, done efficiently, and I feel good. I'm confident that my legs are ready for tomorrow's long ride on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment