Saturday, February 19, 2011

2nd Race Of The Season

After 9 hours on the road from Washington DC to Greenville, SC yesterday I am pretty tired but pumped up for my second race of the season. I'm really still learning how to race the bike, its a lot to do with strategy and planning and not as much strength oriented as I had thought. Stupidly I spent the entire race pulling and got caught in a small crash with a couple miles to go. That cost me a lot of time. I used a lot of energy catching back up but it was too much, I finished with the pack.

Today was definitely a learning experience. I got some good training in at least with quite a few hard efforts. I'm disappointed with the result but happy with the learning and experience at the same time. I've got another race tomorrow, a Criterium on a race track. It should be fun. Check out today's race below.

Greenville Spring Training Series Donaldson Center RR by darionfleming at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment