Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 58: Windy Solo Ride + Indoor Run

Relaxed Solo Ride: Pre-Run by darionfleming at Garmin Connect - Details

Above is the read out from my Garmin, check that out to see the route, distance, time, speed, etc. No heart rate on this ride though. I decided I needed to take the initiative to go out and train on the bike out on MacArthur Boulevard. I knew it was going to be cold, windy, and lonely, but I didn't care...not one bit, because I want this team and I want this life, and nothing is going to get in my way. It was a challenging ride because of the wind, and I did a nice little climb at the end of MacArthur right before I turned back to go home.

This is the track. Not the nicest place to run but it does the job.

When I finished the ride, I got a little food in my system, had some water, got changed and left the house to drive over to the Indoor Track Facility that is Thomas Jefferson Community Center to do a short run. I stretched and warmed up with an 800m relaxed run. Then did some drills and got going on the run. I was in the mood to be speedy so I did a mile at a brisk pace (seeing as how I had just finished a 2 hour ride). I came through the mile at 5:54 which is quite slow actually compared to the fastest I've ever gone in the mile, 4:36. But, it was decent under the circumstances. After the mile, I did a nice 800m cool down then stretched and went home to grab dinner. It was a solid day for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment