Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 55: Oh To Ride In The Rain

Just as last weekend, I woke up today to pouring rain, except the roads weren't covered in snow and ice and various other hazards. So, like I said yesterday, I'm riding, because I really don't care much about getting wet. You can see the ride I did by clicking on the following link: A Rainy Ride by darionfleming at Garmin Connect - Details

This was one of the nicest rides I have ever done. I now know that one of the things I love most in this entire world, is riding solo with no one else around, in the pouring rain, climbing some hills. The whole time I had the image of Lance Armstrong being followed by Johan Bruyneel in the car with the camera as he climbs the hell out of some mountain in Europe. I had a similar rain coat on and I felt just like him. It was debatably the funnest ride I've ever done.


My bike on the other hand didn't have too great of a time as you can see from the picture above from after the ride. It was the dirtiest I had ever seen it and there was a mixture of salt, sand, and dirt in the chain, the cassette, the pedals, crank, etc. It took me a little over 3 hours to clean it for tomorrow's ride so I am glad to say it is as good as new. It deserves the attention for sure. As for tomorrow I plan on staying in the area to do a local ride with my good friend and teammate Matias Palavecino. So, we'll see how that goes!


Oh and yeah, my shoes were pretty dirty too...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment