Saturday, February 26, 2011

Greenville Spring Training Series: Fork Shoals RR

Well, I'm back in South Carolina again for the 2nd week of the Greenville Series. The driving is almost getting normal now and I think I'm beginning to get into the "travelling to races that are hundreds of miles away" mode. Todays race was on a 15 mile loop and my race consisted of 2 laps. I did an easy warmup and made my way to the line.


I sat in the back the entire race until the last mile where I moved up to second and drafted off the leader for about 1k. Then with 400m to go I began to sprint. I think it may have been a little too early to go off like that, but it worked out pretty well because I was able to hold onto 2nd place after getting passed by less than a wheel at the line. I'm definitely happy with the way the race went. It would have been nice to win but judging by the fact that I haven't been on the bike since Monday, I am pretty happy. Now I've shaken the cobwebs off and my legs are warmed up for tomorrow's race.

Part of Fork Shoals RR + Extra Mileage. by darionfleming at Garmin Connect - Details

The link above is part of the race plus some of the riding I did after the finish. I forgot to start the Garmin when the race started and remembered about 10 miles into the race. After the race I went on a nice ride on the country roads while everyone else was racing. The weather was beautiful and I couldn't pass it up. Later on that day I went for a hilly, hour long ride (which was supposed to be only 20 minutes long...thanks Garret) in my flip flops, a t-shirt, my helmet, and some basketball shorts...That was fun. Overall, I got in a little over 4 hours. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment