Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 22: Sick Of Being Sick

This is my last night in Ireland and I can't find a way to enjoy it much. All I can keep thinking about is how much training I'm missing out on and how I'm showing no sign of recovering. Cycling and training and strengthening my body has taken over my life, truly. I just think about everyday that I miss is another day that someone out there is getting better. Someone that might beat me to the spot on the Trek Livestrong U23 Team in 2013, and it kills me. It really is hard to keep my head up at times like these, but I'll do it anyway, because it makes me stronger, this is a form of my training, right here. Getting out of bed when I have a fever and a cough and a headache and I can't even take a breath out of my nose. This is the training I can do right now and I'll do it as well as I possibly can. Thats one thing I can tell you about myself. If there's something I have my mind 100% set on and I am completely focused on, then I will give you every last drop of effort that I have for it...because I want it.

1 comment:

  1. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. You need to apply that lesson to everything in life.

    ReplyDelete