Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 26: Finally Back On The Bike

This was my first day back on the bike in over 10 days and it feels like it has been months, honestly. I got on the trainer not even knowing what I was going to do or how long I was going to ride. I was just happy to be back on the Trek.


I ended up riding for a little over 30 minutes. The first 5 minutes was just getting my legs warmed up and getting my body back to the feel of riding. Then out of nowhere I picked up the pace...considerably. I was like a bat out of hell, attacking every 30 seconds and keeping up an extremely high revolution pace even in the big ring. Finally after about 10 minutes of that I stopped and rested at the same relaxed pace I had done before. That lasted about 5 minutes until I couldn't resist putting it back in the big ring and into almost the highest gear I have, standing up on the pedals, and attacking as hard as I possibly could. I was amazed by my energy and the shape I was in, seeing as how I hadn't had a good workout for about a week and a half plus I was still sick. I guess the body just needs its rest sometimes doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment