Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 28: On Track With Running

Despite how hard I rode yesterday and how it took me almost 10 minutes just to stand up after I collapsed off the bike because of the fatigue in my legs, I felt fine when I woke up this morning. It was weird, it felt like I hadn't done a thing yesterday. So, even though I know I have an important ride tomorrow with Joe out in Haymarket, I still wanted to get a workout in. I decided to run.

Didn't have a picture of me from this workout, but I wanted to have an image of me running. This was a Mile race at St. Stephens Outdoor Track Invitational. I won the race in 4:45.

I drove over to an indoor facility with a 200 meter track. I decided I'd do a 4 mile run. I started off at a pretty brisk pace with a 6:54 mile. After that I said to myself that I was going to slow it down, but I didn't, in fact I went even faster, doing the 2nd mile in 6:49. Somehow I just kept getting faster and faster and did the 3rd mile in 6:20. On mile 4 I actually had to slow down because I was pretty tired and I figured I might as well anyways because it was my last mile and I needed to use it as my cool-down. The whole run took me 27:05. The last mile was 7:02 and i was definitely satisfied with the run. I'm tired but I feel good, and I'm ready for tomorrow. Its going to be cold...

No comments:

Post a Comment