Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 48: Ice, Rain, And Snow

I woke up this morning to the sound of rain, except, it was ice rain...Not good. I had called my Team Manager last night Bart Forsyth about doing a ride with some of the Snapple guys out in Maryland but judging by the weather, getting together for the ride didn't look too promising. I called him up and he told me the roads are pull of ice, water and snow and that it would be honestly stupid to try to go out and ride today. I kind of shrugged him off thinking that maybe he just didn't feel like riding, and I told myself weather is no excuse to not get out on the road and ride. So, I started to get ready.

Unfortunately, as I soon found out, he was right. It would be quite dumb this early in the season to go out in conditions like that with the high risk of crashing and injuring myself. I went back inside and sat down, demoralized and depressed that I wasn't going to be able to get out on the road and maybe not even tomorrow if it doesn't let up. There was no way I was motivation myself enough to get on the trainer. So I took the day easy, working on some homework, the blog and relaxing. I can't keep resting, but, maybe its good?

No comments:

Post a Comment